If you are considering adding an associate or partner to your dental practice, first consider which arrangement will suit your needs best. Dental practice associates are non-owner dentists without a vested interest. They can be hired either as employees or as independent contractors. Dental practice partners have a vested, ownership interest in the dental practice, because they are buying a percentage of the valuation of the practice.
Dental Transition Guidance You Can Trust
As the leader in dental practice transitions nationwide and a subsidiary of Henry Schein, Inc., the expert team at Henry Schein Professional Practice Transitions brings a high level of industry experience and expertise other firms simply can’t match.
Many of our transition consultants are former practicing dentists themselves. They fully understand the attributes you are seeking in a new associate dentist or partner for your general or specialty dental practice.
Henry Schein Professional Practice Transitions (Henry Schein PPT) can help you structure partnership and associateship arrangements that will benefit your practice today and in the future. As your trusted transitions advisors, we:
- Provide expertise to both senior dentists and new practitioners looking for the right opportunity
- Help structure arrangements for buy-ins, compensation/profit-sharing formulas, terms and conditions, as well as facility-sharing arrangements
- Assist in matters of practice governance and valuing each partner’s interest upon retirement
- Handle negotiations between all parties and provide templates for all required documents, including the final Partnership Agreement
- Deliver Comprehensive Partnership Term Sheets that will address all of the key terms and conditions needed to structure a successful partnership. These term sheets are then given to your attorney for contract drafting.*
Helping Dentists Find the Perfect Fit for their Dental Practice
Deciding to bring a partner or associate into your dental practice has advantages and rewards, but it’s not without its challenges. In choosing a partner, you’ll want to select a dentist who shares your vision, philosophy, and approach to managing the practice.
The right partner will be a good fit with your staff and patients and have a positive impact on your practice. In selecting the right associate, it’s equally important to choose a dentist who can add value to your practice and fit in well.
Thinking about an Associate or Partner for your Dental Practice?
It’s never too soon to get great advice!
If you’re ready to add an associate or partner to your practice, investigate your transition options with Henry Schein PPT, the leading transition experts in the dental practice field. Call today, 1-800-988-5674, or contact us online to schedule a free 30-minute consultation with an experienced consultant at Henry Schein PPT. Get answers and invaluable advice about achieving your dental practice transition goal. We look forward to talking to you!
*Henry Schein Professional Practice Transitions is not rendering any legal or tax advice. Before taking any action that may affect your business, you should consult with a qualified professional advisor.